You’ve identified the contacts you want to target, now it’s time to get calling! But how do you turn a contact into a lead? Nurturing!
1. Build a rapport. Connections are based on mutual trust. No-one will want to speak to you if you are rude. Respect your contact’s time constraints and be polite!
2. Verbal contracts. If your contact cannot talk, find out when the best time is to call back. Where possible, get them to commit to a time, as well as a date. This way they will be more likely to answer, as they’ll be expecting your call.
3. Take notes, and ensure that you listen more than you talk. Now is your chance to gather information; budget review dates, who the decision makers are; all these things will help you build the profile of your lead. Furthermore, soft facts such as your contact’s favourite football team or their latest holiday destination, are all useful things to remember.
4. Don’t harass. We find that it takes 3-4 calls from first speaking to a contact to receiving a definite answer. Agree a time frame with your contact for when you’ll call, and keep to it!
5. Obtain direct dials and personal email addresses. All of these details will help cut down the time it takes to contact your target. It will also enhance your data for future campaigns.
6. Know what you’re going to say. Keep it concise and relevant to your contact. If done correctly, the conversation will flow naturally.
Remember: Gatekeepers are your friend! They will decide if you speak to your contact so get them on your side as early as possible! Be courteous, remember their name and most importantly, keep your fingers crossed!
+44(0)1483 422 998
Call us or complete this form and we will call you back.
Perfect Pitch Head Office
1 Miltons Yard, Petworth Road, Witley
GU8 5LH United Kingdom
Check your name and correct it, or continue if it's OK
Enter a valid name
Check your phone and correct it, or continue if it's OK
Enter a valid phone
Check your email and correct it, or continue if it's OK
Enter a valid email